Admin and Facilities Coordinator
Nourish Community Hub
Supervised by: The Nourish and Develop Foundation
Work Location: Nourish Community Hub, 38 Cameron Street East, Cannington
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week, generally Monday to Friday (some weekends/evenings)
Application Deadline: Monday June 15th, 2015, 12 noon
Nourish Community Hub is where several organizations including The Nourish and Develop Foundation (TNDF), North House, SERA (Social Enterprise Rural Alliance) and the Brock Youth Centre are co-located. The Admin and Facilities Coordinator will support these organizations by providing administrative and reception, as well as facilities coordination, including room bookings.
The successful candidate will have the capacity to work independently and in a team setting. He/she will be the first point of contact for visitors and clients to Nourish either through face to face contact, telephone or email. He/she will demonstrate good judgement to prioritize duties accompanied by strong time management and coordination skills. This job opportunity will be suited for a candidate who enjoys working with the public and looks forward to multiple tasks in their routine.
- Coordinate scheduled site cleaning services
- Giving and receiving applications for the booking of various spaces and/or resources.
- Provide information on fees and conditions for rental and use of spaces and/or resources.
- Coordinate space bookings and payments, including insurance requirements.
- Assist in marketing Nourish’s facilities to the community in keeping with the marketing plans.
- Referring visitors or clients to the appropriate staff or programs for further information.
- Ability to assess information and conduct outside referrals when it is needed.
- Maintains a friendly and welcoming reception area.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and refers to appropriate staff and/or program.
- Providing general information on various housed organizations services and programs.
- Creating daily signs to direct visitors and clients to meetings and ongoing programs.
- Referring questions or requests requiring follow up to specific staff and/or organizations.
- Maintaining a sign in sheet for visitors as considered necessary.
- Updating and recording both tentative and confirmed space bookings on all appropriate calendars.
- Receiving, recording and issuing receipts for all payments relate to space bookings.
- Filing and maintaining files of all space use booking applications or forms.
- Maintaining the assignment book for maintenance and cleaning services.
- Monitor paper and toner supplies; reordering as required
- Assisting with correspondence and mailing as requested
- Stuffing, addressing and stamping envelopes, arranging couriers as needed
- Creating, distributing and electronic posting of flyers as requested.
- Posting and electronic distribution of job openings.
- Checking site shared-supplies periodically and placing orders as agreed.
- Assist Nourish organizations with placing orders for office supplies.
- Monitor individual alarm codes and respond to site alarm calls.
Performs other duties as assigned such as:
- Attending staff coordination meetings.
- Attend events and weekend/evening sessions as requested and time allows.
- Making recommendations on policies and procedures related to reception duties.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in customer service and non-profit/business reception
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and basic publishing software
- Excellent organization and scheduling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Friendly and professional manner to handle public inquires and arising issues
- Sound decision making and judgment skills in public relations with the ability to effectively manage communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of web publishing and social media an asset.
- A working knowledge of community services and resources available in North Durham an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply, in confidence, by emailing their resume and a covering letter by 12 noon, Monday June 15th to Cesar Caneo at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail to: TNDF, P.O. Box 220, Cannington, ON., LOE 1E0. We appreciate all applications but only candidates on the short list for interviews will be contacted.