I.D. Replacement

Did you lose your I.D? Was your I.D stolen?
Do you need help with the cost of your I.D replacement?

North House offers year-round I.D. replacement for birth certificates and Ontario Photo Cards. Staff will assist with processing the application information and will provide payment for the documents. Expedited birth certificates will not be paid for by North House. Birth certificate replacements are available to both clients, and their child if required.

You are eligible to apply for a birth certificate of a living person if:

  • You are applying for your own certificate and are age 13 or older.
  • You are applying for your child’s certificate and are a parent named on the birth registration.
  • You are the legal guardian of the person (you must provide proof of custody such as a court order or separation agreement).
  • If you are applying for a birth certificate for an individual age nine or older, guarantor information is required. The guarantor is not required to sign your application but must give you permission to provide his or her information.

Personal Information:

  • What the city of birth was
  • Which hospital or birthing centre you were born in
  • Your weight at birth
  • The number of older siblings you have
  • The type of birthing attendant (physical, midwife etc)
  • Name of birthing attendant
  • Address of birthing attendant

Parental Information:

  • First, middle and last name (maiden name for birthing parent)
  • Address at the time of the child’s birth
  • Marital status at the time of the child’s birth
  • Parental age at the time of birth
  • Parental date of birth
  • Parental place of birth
You should know these things:
  • Has a Birth Certificate been previously issued for this birth?
  • Has a Birth Certificate with Parental Information been previously issued for this birth?
  • Has a Certified Copy of the Birth Registration been previously issued for this birth?
Has the person named on the Birth Registration ever had a legal name change?

If you have not provided all of the requested information it will likely delay the processing of your application.

You can apply for an Ontario Photo Card in person at a local Service Ontario location if you:

  • do not have a driver’s licence
  • are a resident of Ontario
  • are 16 years of age or older

You will need to bring the following to a Service Ontario centre:

  • original identity documents (for example, birth certificate) to prove your legal name and date of birth
  • your marriage certificate, if you are applying under your married name