Did you lose your I.D? Was your I.D stolen? Do you need help with the cost of your I.D replacement?
North House offers year-round I.D. replacement for birth certificates. Staff will assist with processing the application information and will provide payment for the document. Expedited birth certificates will not be expensed by North House. Birth certificate replacements available to both clients, and their child if required.
You are eligible to apply for a birth certificate of a living person if:
- You are applying for your own certificate and are age 13 or older.
- You are applying for your child’s certificate and are a parent named on the birth registration.
- You are the legal guardian of the person (you must provide proof of custody such as a court order or separation agreement).
- If you are applying for a birth certificate for an individual age nine or older, guarantor information is required. The guarantor is not required to sign your application but must give you permission to provide his or her information.
- What the city of birth was
- Which hospital or birthing centre you were born in
- Your weight at birth
- The number of older siblings you have
- The type of birthing attendant (physical, midwife etc)
- Name of birthing attendant
- Address of birthing attendant
- First, middle and last name (maiden name for birthing parent)
- Address at the time of the child’s birth
- Marital status at the time of the child’s birth
- Parental age at the time of birth
- Parental date of birth
- Parental place of birth
You should know these things:
- Has a Birth Certificate been previously issued for this birth?
- Has a Birth Certificate with Parental Information been previously issued for this birth?
- Has a Certified Copy of the Birth Registration been previously issued for this birth?
If you have not provided all of the requested information it will likely delay the processing of your application.